Monday, January 21, 2008

Superbowl XLII



On February 3rd, 2008 The New England Patriots will face the New York Giants. This season was filled with NFL records and amazing highlights. We may witness the second team ever to go undefeated in NFL history or to be cut short by one of the biggest underdogs of the post season. What upsets me is that most people are disinterested in this bowl here in Dallas because the Cowboys are out. I feel that people are looking more forward to the commercials similar to this one. It is amazing how ridiculous the advertising rates go for only one minute. This clip however I think is one of the best marketing ideas that NIKE has done because it does highlight a specific amount of NFL stars but shows the burden and hardship it is to play in the NFL and to be a star. Enjoy this clip because I feel that the majority of commercials that will be playing on Super Bowl Sunday will be ridiculous focusing on humor focusing messages instead of deep thought meaning.

3 comments:

Frances Martir said...

One of the main reasons that I watch the Superbowl is because of all the amazing commercials and ofcourse the halftime show. I just think that the money that companies spend on their ads is so well spent because they are so funnny and really catch the consumers attention.

Caitlin said...

Ok, you are obivously an overachiever (3 posts already?!), but I'll admit they are all very interesting reads.

I like that you've combined sports with a communications aspect like advertising- it makes for a blog that can appeal to a pretty wide range of readers. Job well done!

Unknown said...

That commercial is extremely entertaining. I could watch Shawn Merriman take people down all day, which is should have done to the patriots. I'm sure that the whole ad is less expensive than 5 seconds of a commercial come Superbowl Day.

This aggression will not stand.