Friday, February 1, 2008

Sports & Why it is Americas New Religion....


Well sports fans your polls are in and the votes have the underdog giants winning this weekends superbowl. First of all thank you to my sports fans who have participated in my Super Bowl poll. Shockingly, the vegas sport books only gave Eli Manning and the Giants a 12 point spread versus the perfect Tom Brady and New England Patriots. I have a feeling more people were more excited about this day then going to church with tailgating that will probably start the day before. I enjoyed the game and the commericals that ranged at $2.7 million dollars for a 30 second spot. I myself was one of the very few New York Giants. As a Dolfins fan the undefeated 1972 season is pretty much all we have left and I want Eli to get the credit he deserved. It was by far the best game I have ever watched for the Super Bowl. Way to overcome the media hype and show to never count out the underdog. Thank you New York for Keeping the Miami Dolphins spot in history in the record books alone.


Thank you with leather for This Image

2 comments:

Frances Martir said...

Go Giants!!!! Hahaha where I went to go watch the game a lot of us were Giants fans just because we did not want the undefeated Patriots to win. I felt that they were too full of themselves and needed to lose at least one game... sucks that it was the Super Bowl game. I loved that Eli won a Super Bowl the year after his brother did. Oh and the commercials were pretty cool and like I mentioned on my blog some were funny and some were just ok.

ps. thanks for commenting on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I like the work you are doing with your blog. Your intuitions about the sports culture on national level echo how many of us feel at RealGM. That is, after all, why our site is so popular. My name is Andrew Friedman and keep me updated with your work.