Tuesday, February 19, 2008

BLURAY IS THE VICTOR!!!!!


What is funny is that I have been debiting in my mind how to write this blog about the battle for High Definition DVD players for about a week. As I walk out of the shower this morning I stumbled upon this story. Toshiba, today finally dropped out of the battle. They claimed that the final blow occurred when Warner Brothers joined BluRay last week. They were behind in the campaign and BluRay had way to many supporters.

Here is there current list of supporters of BluRay:
  • Sony
  • Matsushita (Panasonic)
  • Warner Bros
  • Wal-Mart
  • Walt Disney
  • 20th Century Fox
  • Blockbuster
  • Netflix
According to internet sources Toshiba will only continue to sell HD-players until the end of March this year and continue to play the technical support role.

This battle reminds me of the VHS Vs. Betamax wars. What happened from that is that VHS became more popular and more affordable and I only believe it is a matter of that time as well for BluRay. What do you guys think?


For more information about BluRay click here
Currently Toshiba has not made any remarks on their website as of 2/19/08

No comments: